Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19, 2015

I really didn't intend to be gone from posting, this long.  Now I am back, working on BoM blocks and are sewing on blocks one and two, then have another to download, and get the fabrics cut out and sewn.  That will bring me up to date on the BoM.

We've found that cutting scraps into Strips and sewing them in a chevron really makes a pretty scrappy quilt.  I have strips ready to make into a quilt top and then give to our Safe House, etc.

It's not hard to cut the fabrics using the Studio from Accuquilt.

I am dealing with shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems all on the dominant side.. Had surgery on all but the shoulder.  The cortisone shot didn't even help over night.  Soooo now it's a month of phys therapy  and back to the shoulder Dr. in one month.

Meanwhile the Spinal neurologist is back in the line of Dr.s I see, and I have an appt. coming up, I pray in the not too distant future. I think I have pinched disks or more deterioration above and below those already fused.and about mid-back.

We haven't been able to go out fishing much this year, and are out of fresh fish.  ROFL, I so badly need a fish-fry under my belt.  I'm hungry.  When the humidity is high, it is too difficult to breathe.

The car is holding up well, the new house windows look so very nice. 

The heat pack has been replaced.  Haven't seen a drop of utilities with all the hot weather, unusual for central NC.  it does very well at heating and air conditioning. It's nice to not worry.

This is a pict of part of Marintha's Quilt of Valor, which I was privileged to quilt.

Marintha is always ready to let me work on her quilts.  It's a joy as her piecing is nearly perfect.









Now that I've brought you up to date on our current life history, LOL, I can get busy on the long arm quilter, and piecing tops when I need a break from the long arm machine.

Toodledoo





No comments:

Post a Comment