Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Saturday, March 8, 2014

I've not made it in for about 2 weeks.   Life happens and it did.

I've been working on quilts.. One QoV and grandsons quilt, and now another QoV, while piecing an Irish chain quilt, And, working on stick blocks.. just 21/2" strips sewn together then with sashing.

We have the AccuCut Studio machine, so it's easy to cut strips on the boards we have.  I have a nice pile, so it won't hold me up, needing to cut more, for a long time.

I'm not using good fabric, it's pieces smaller than a FQ, or smaller than a true quarter of a yard.

Fabrics we don't much care about, but are good for quilts, if we keep them or not.  It's good fabric.

The local kids and 2 grand kids and ones boy friend, took me out for my 74th birthday last weekend, and then on Tues. Himself took me out for supper.

One dinner was at Long Horn.  Their fillet is to die for .. well, at least hunger for.  The other was at a local true Italian restaurant.  Love the food.. at least that without green peppers since I'm allergic.

I think I'm going to see if anyone is interested in felling and buying a Chestnut.  We have a nice big one.  lol, I know, how silly!

Maybe we can have it cut up and use the lumber for the new deck, before we fall through.

I will post a pict of the QoV and the lady who pieced and presented it to a Normandy survivor, though was wounded in one arm.

Wonderful to see it presented.

First the quilt.




 
 
The quilt presentation picts aren't  where my mind thought I left them.  I will post them a bit later.
 
I also have a close up of the feather wreath design I quilted it with.. it shows up quite pretty, and was taken before I finished the quilt.   Some areas,like the white and red between the star blocks, haven't been finished with half quarters, quarter corners, etc.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment