Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Friday, May 16, 2014

Hospitals

Just too hard to say how a stay in a hospital can interrupt things.  First 12  days in the hospital, then 14  days in a rehab home.  Just too long not in our home..

Meanwhile, the windows did get put in, and now it is sadly lacking in the dining room, so we are getting a door with the top half window.  I'd like a fancy one, but it seems to be too confusing to have 2 front doors.

I thought our patio doors were just clear glass, he thought we had panes.. he was/is right.. 3 by 5 panes, but everything encased inside the two layers of glass.   All we need in the new door panel.. it will fit the old framing.

Also went, planning to get a new pond for the birds.. either it's too small or too deep.  I think we will use the lining we were given, and see how that holds up.  We got plenty of gravel and rocks to be put in it.. probably more than needed.   Also wanted to get a new pump since he killed all of the ones I had.  We weren't sure enough of the size we'd need, so didn't do anything on that item either.

I still have the ducks and the squirrel water fountains,  so the pump shouldn't have any problem working with them.  I'll put the squirrel at the top and let it run down into the ducks, and into the pond, and let it circulate back up thru the squirrel and back around.

I can picture it, now just have to get him to get it done.  Jr. again, I'll bet.  He will be getting plenty of work from us..   I'm hoping though he manages to get a good job again.  Can't agree to the thinking he got fired from.  Giving good advice, about areas he has concerns about should be the norm, not a reason to fire an employee.

So on with the living and finding out what we get done today.  I bet I surprise him.

With my walker, I can carry a lot in the basket and on the seat.  Won't have to use my energy for that, just for getting them into the right place.

I really have to get into the fabric room, too.   Get the backings and large pieces sorted out from what someone can select from.  It shouldn't take long once I get the crates out of the room.  That is causing the most confusion in there.

Must get busy..



No comments:

Post a Comment