Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Friday, November 7, 2014

Photo Catch Up Time

Thursday November 6, 2014

It may have been mentioned that the computer and the camera were in a long term battle. The camera won, at long last.
So, over the next several days photo's will be posted of quilt projects and other projects here in house.

Right now, the Side Saddle is working so well.. I do believe something was wrong with it from the start. I have Michaels Graduation quilt on the frame,, .. he graduated in 2012. I may be slow, but it gets done!
We went out fishing yesterday for the first time in over a week, and I just didn't feel good, so we came home early. This time I got skunked. Other guys gave us 3 very nice brim, and Roland caught 2 keeper catfish. We don't keep anything under 10 inches. Just not two bites out of each side.. we call them the "triple G fish: Gotta Go Grow."

We had a nice freeze the other night so our disciduous tree colors are a lot brighter, prettier if that is possible. The chestnut tree is nearly nude of leaves, and others still have plenty of leaves.

In the quilting department, I am trying to finish a quilt, "Buttoned Up". It was started for the retreat we went on, and I miscut some of the blocks, so had to wait until we got home and dug out the matching fabric. Anything we could buy, or did buy, was a poor substitute, so I waited.

I'm also working on putting some blocks together. Two other quilts that were started one day in the past.. maybe this year, maybe in the past. Eventually they will get done, all of them.. and there are others partly sewn and the fabrics to make more were given with them. I can get up to bed size I hope..

Wind is blowing leaves are flying, and it's 65 degree F. Other than piecing and quilting, I will be helping with the Farm to Table distribution site. That will take up about 7 hours.This first picture is of a Quilt of Valor I quilted for Mary up in NJ. It was so much fun, but it also took a long time to get finished. She said she was thrilled with it, and so was I both in the privilege of quilting it and deciding on designs to stitch in each set of 6 blocks.




 
These next 3 photos show just one set of 6 small blocks of different designs.

 
Until then

No comments:

Post a Comment