Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Friday, October 24, 2014

FRIDAY                        October 24, 2014

  Quilting is making progress that I can see and am happy with.   That feels very good.

  The QoV is finished, and I have a double layer of fleece sandwich on the frame and am going to use the Side Saddle computer to quilt it.

  Grandsons quilt, then one for Ann have to be on the frame next.. I need to make labels and need to bind and get picts of them.

  Fall has come and the weather has been dry enough that the leaves crunch.  Oh, how I love that.

  It seems odd that we now have the heat warming the house and not the AC cooling it.  I'm not sure which I like best.  I wish I/we could survive without either, but that won't happen as long as we have electric power.

  I am making up the blocks for an exchange, and have thus far, since the retreat, managed to not sign up for another Mystery Quilt.  lol... they are so much fun.

  Fishing has been terrific.  Earlier this week,  each of us caught a  15- 16" blue chanel catfish, and a couple days later, he caught a 19"  catfish, and a bit later that same day I caught a 22inch  catfish.

  We have decided to fish the lower pond and see how we do.   We've been fishing the pond above the dam.

  I saw something this week that upset me.   The new way of begging and getting money is to go to worship, then go out to the end of the driveway and beg for money, food, gas.

  These people make hundreds of dollars per day, and don't report any income taxes.. and of course we provide for them.

  A couple of weeks ago, an encounter with one couple (they always have a small child with them..) and they were driving a fairly new Chrysler Van, and we can't think of even pricing a used one!

  I hate dishonesty, I hate supporting these people, and I hate their looking like they worship the Lord by attending church, and giving the impression that they are Christians when they are only christians. ( note the Cap on Christians.)   I shall pray for them!

  The day needs to be started so I xhall sign off





No comments:

Post a Comment