Fab Shop Hop

FabShop Hop

Monday, November 10, 2014

This and that from............

Monday                                                        November  10, 2014

From the local little fair to Capon Sprigns and Farm and retreat in WV      October  2014.                                                    

It is going to be interesting to see what today has to bring us today.

I didn't do much yesterday.  Managed to clear my desk off a bit, and find storage for the 2 1/2" stips, and cut more.  Sorted out the blues and reds..

Now I need to get some 2" strips and 3" strips cut out of more to give us a variety.  Some are being kept for focus cut blocks, or fill-in pieces.

This next shot is of an entry I made at the Lee Regional Fair hosted by the Lions Club.

These beads are made from carrots, and I am selling them.. if anyone is interested, just post a note here and I will get back to you.

I will be posting beads made of potato's also for sale, some just sealed, some painted, and you can get them unfinished in any way.



 
This next Pict was taken at the Capon Springs and Farms Retreat in Oct.  Gosh was it fun.
 
Ok, to explain the pict.  I have literally dozens of UFO blocks, and want to be using them up in a scrappy quilt.
 
This particular one, was started with the top right block, a Dresden Plate block sewn and appliqued onto a white backing.  Our challenge was made by our Friend, BettyJane from one of the chat centers I belong to.  She so generously sent those who wanted them, sent two of the Dresden Plate blocks.
It has taken me far too long to get this one finished.
 
I didn't make any of the small blocks in this quilt, for this quilt.  They were blocks I made years ago, or blocks that were made by someone else and I got them in a "give away"  freebee by someone in the guild, or sent to me from others.
Thus a picnic basket, ice cream cone, two green 9 patch blocks, a Sun Bonnet Sue, a house, and so on.
 
 
Enough so far today, it's still young in the tooth, being only 5:45.. and we being retired as in old enough to quit work.  I woke up at 2:45.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment